Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lovin My Peeps




This has been a pretty cool week for me, kind of a this-week-went-by-fast type of week, and the past two weeks seemed to go by even faster. I gotta admit, I thought the days would just drag on by. He's supposedly getting his phone back today, and God knows if he will call or text like he said he would, but still I am stricken with a strange sense of comfort.

Bug went to her first dance Friday night. You know that hit me rather hard- the beginning of the end. And as I worked on her hair (thanks Jo for coming to hook it up), I was envisioning prom night. I have two scenarios:

I'm in the front when her dates raps at the door. In one hand is a large fantasy blade, perhaps a sword, sharp as hell and ready to kill. On the coffee table before me is the remainder of my collection, spread out in an eye widening display. I'm polishing them. They're my pride and joy. I glance at Bug's date with a charming smile and firmly yet gently ask "So, what do you plan to do with my daughter?" It's not a final plan even though I've been tweaking it since the day she was born.

I thought of this one on Friday: Date comes to the door and I boldly exclaim "If you take my daughter's virginity, Bubba will take yours." Bug or her date asks, "Who's Bubba?" And I reply "The big, nasty bastard I will get to fuck you in the ass." Can you say that to a kid? Then again by prom he may be of age, barely. Haven't got Plan #3 yet.

I was scheduled to go to Eric's for dinner Saturday night. I haven't seen him since his wedding, but I still adore that man. He's my boo. Buddha asked me once if I could have anyone, other than him of course, who it would be. Eric. Funny that Buddha agreed had he been gay. Remember that convo Buddha? I didn't go. I'd have to kill Rosa off first then go back to console Eric. Haven't planned that out yet. Instead I stayed back and drank with Chops across the street. Ever BBQ a pizza? It is really freaking good, much better than baked. Don't ask what I drank, just a concoction of God knows what. Bug played with his kids, Joe was there, and when Ja got back from dinner she joined. Chops is off the chain. I so feel for his wife. Twelve years of that? Really? I envy that.

Sunday was quiet. Monday Kira stayed home from school cause my phone croaked. Thanks Ja. We did Michael that night. We used to exercise regularly and it's been a while, but we are getting back into it. Gotta slim down, getting healthy, see how much jiggle we can delete from the wiggle. To make it funner I thought up a challenge. At the end of our workout we will pick one song and do the dance blindfolded. Thriller we all know so yeah that was Monday's. We're gonna work our way up from easiest routine to the hardest. Michael = easy; Black Eyed Peas = medium to hard; Just Dance 2 = uh, yeah.

Yesterday was errand day. Nice going Ja. Didn't remember that the tags on her truck expired three months ago. Perfect way to describe Lovington: I went to the DMV. There were three people ahead of me, the office was the size of a Payless, and I counted a total of 30 chairs. The lady at the counter told me they just relocated. The previous office was one-third that size with 7 chairs. When we say we're in Bumb Fuck Egypt... out in the sticks... middle of nowhere... We mean just that.

My cousin mentioned last night that today is the 10th. It wasn't like I was counting the days, but she knew where my mind was. I couldn't deny it. "You just had to bring that up, huh?" That was my reaction on top of the blank stare I gave her. Was I vibing that hard? Damn.

Don't know if he'll call. Maybe he will; maybe he won't. Could be today; could be another day. A text, a call, or nothing at all. Wow, that line sounded like a Dr. Suess rhyme. And so did that one! Lol. Still, I am strangely comforted. The world continues to spin on its axis, the sun is out for an unpredictable amount of time, and I am smiling.

Today's forecast: Sunny and clear


No comments:

Post a Comment