Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Dedication


You Just Don't Wanna Know by Marvin Winans

One of my favorite songs, touching and inspiring. Buddha, this is for you:

I hurt so many nights

Cried so many hours

Trying to make it right

Just didn't have the power

You ignored all my tears

In hopes they'd disappear

I tried to let it show

But I guess you just don't wanna know

I came to you in love

I came to you in ernest

Could you possibly explain

Why the flames, why the furnace

Just needed to get it clear

I was hoping that you would hear

I tried to let it go

But I guess you just don't wanna know

Now it's true that God is always there

He said He'd never leave

But at times a human touch is what I need

And if I had a dime for every time

I tried to call you name

Something tells me I'd be wealthy

But I  learned that I can cope

Yes I did

I discovered I can make it

In nights so long and cold

So cold, you don't know how cold

I learned that I can take it

No I wouldn't change a thing

Not for the knowledge that I gained

I learned that I can grow

I really did

I tried to let it show

I did

I tried to let it go

But I guess you just don't wanna know

No comments:

Post a Comment