Wednesday, March 27, 2013

V's Theory


"If someone does something that makes them happy for at least 10 minutes every day, that person will stay happy for 24 hours."

He told me this last night, and I have been trying to look that up ever since. Technically speaking, or theoretically, you can google just about everything. I have not found it yet.

V is my best friend here in New Mexico. I met him a year ago, practically to the day, but we maintained a distant friendship. He was always over the road working and as of a couple of weeks ago, he moved here to Lovington. Poor thing. Hey, can't say I didn't warn him.

He reminds me so much of Poppa, my best friend in California. They are similar in so many ways, fun-loving, spirited, down to earth, and just the lights in my life. I also met V the same way I met Poppa- online. He was on a site where I game; Poppa was a dating site but that was never the basis for our friendship. Both men I either texted or called but didn't meet in person. It was almost comforting knowing someone was always there, and most importantly, not a friendship I would compromise.

V knows about Buddha, and as of recent events I was rather upset. He finally convinced me to go hang out for a beer with him last night, and I did. He's hella cool, same as Poppa. It's nice to have good people like that in your circle. He cheered me up. We laughed, drank and just joked around.

Anything else you ask? Hehehe, well, what can I say? I'm me. I'm single so I act single. I may feel like dying most times, but I am not dead yet. He's married to a beautiful lady, but she lives a ways from here. I'm gonna burn for sure.

V tells me it's not about what he has, it's about what he needs. I asked him what he needed and he said "Everyday I need you." Freaking liar, but it sure sounded good sliding off his tongue and flowing from his lips. He's a charmer and it is painfully obvious why any woman would walk the aisle with him. Buddha says an occassional something that hits me just the right way. I call it Tyler Perry Shit. When V says it, it seems genuine and from the heart. Just my luck that he's married.

PART 2:

I started writing this yesterday but V monopolized most of my time with all his texting. He makes me smile. I was supposed to go out with him last night, but he got called into work, or had to get up very early for work. Two in the morning? Aww, my sweetie. He could've just texted me to let me know that the plan changed but he came to see me anyways, just for a few minutes. He wanted to see me and kiss me and, of course, to bite my lip. He loves doing that. It's cute.

Now if Buddha would.... Nope, can't go there. He texted me the other night. Some crazy story about lending his phone to the fam. Yeah, whatever. You are job searching, dealing with probation and whatever else you got going on, but you are giving up the cell for a couple weeks? Ok. Funny how that message came within the 48 hour unblocking grace period, according to my estimation of when you would have read it. I wrote that Friday night which meant that the 48 hours ended Sunday night not Monday. Yeah, I checked the log on the blocker app. By the way, if Robster calls it's a favor to me. If you answer yours, I will not answer mine.

The 24 hour happiness has expired. I don't feel bad or sad, just neutral I guess. V, time for a recharge babe. He texts all the time not that I really want or need him to cause he works long hours. But he's such a sweetheart. He told me he loves me. Huh? "It's been a year and you're always so sweet to me. We're friends but it don't take that long to love you. If it takes that long for a man to know he loves you than he doesn't deserve a beautiful woman like you. Valdivia 100%" AMEN BABY!

So the plan is that he's gonna keep me happy for the next two months until I go back to Cali, and when I come back after summer, if I do. I have plans to see Poppa while I'm there and we are gonna hang in Modesto with his sister and her man. Good deal. My time will be occupied and I won't have much of it to dwell on You-Know-Who. I miss you Poppa and can't wait to see you. I gotta text him.

Two weeks til he calls, huh? I'm about to kick that number way up. If he answers that call then he may as well forget it. I got no time for bullshit. If you really wanna play this game Mario, ante up. But I will win.

Seventh Rule of Fight Club: Always take hair from the dog that bit you


No comments:

Post a Comment